promoting... alliances, working with chief executives to assemble teams from diverse sources to create new business opportunities."
Now is the time to serve America.
I am honored that the United States Senate confirmed me on September 26, 2001, as President George W. Bush’s choice for Chief Financial Officer of the Department of Agriculture.
The Department of Agriculture fulfills many vital functions in the United States and abroad, including:
- Providing over $100 billion of loans as well as substantial credit guarantees in support of farming;
- Conducting large-scale nutrition and emergency food assistance programs;
- Supporting development of rural communities and enhancing America’s conservation;
- Promoting open markets for United States agricultural products and advancing research in biotechnology;
- Preserving standards in food safety and maintaining 192 million acres of natural forests and range lands.
Overall, the Department of Agriculture manages assets in excess of $124 billion and annual spending of about $70 billion through an organization of more than 100,000 employees. For more about the Department of Agriculture, please go to www.usda.gov
With best wishes to you and your families and may God bless America,
Edward R. McPherson, President and Chief Executive Officer of InterSolve Group